Due to the current critical risk factor in our area, and according to our parish plan for faithful ministry in a pandemic, our building is closed and there is no in-person attendance at worship.
We have two opportunities for streaming worship on Sundays.
- Sunday, 10:00am in English, Streaming and limited attendance. (watch online here, bulletin here)
- Domingo, 12:45pm en español, interiores libre y transmisión en vivo en Facebook (mire en línea aquí, boletín aquí)
You can also watch our 10am liturgy below!
CURRENT WORSHIP DURING THE PANDEMIC
- 8:30am Worship in English — Cancelled while in Phase One lockdown.
- 10:00am Worship in English — This liturgy continues to be streamed live on our YouTube channel (www.youtube.come/SJEGrandHaven). On the first Sunday of the month this is a celebration of Holy Eucharist. On other Sundays, it is the Liturgy of the Word, also known as Antecommunion (like Holy Eucharist, but ending after the sermon and the prayers).
- 12:45pm Worship in Spanish— This liturgy continues to be streamed live on Facebook, an offering of Liturgy of the Word, just like at the 10am liturgy – (http://facebook.com/EpiscopalLatinoGH/Live).
While we are in Phase One lockdown, there is no live in-person weekday worship. Instead you are invited to watch a short service on Noonday Prayer with a Gospel reflection each day, Monday through Thursday, on Facebook Life (https://www.facebook.com/StJohnsEpiscopalGH/Live).
THE BUILDING AND OTHER PARISH MINISTRIES
The Parish Office remains closed with clergy and staff available by appointment only. However, we are still trying to help those who we know will be most affected by this pandemic:
- Our Loving Spoonfuls Meal Ministry will continue but with a strict “curbside only” system. That means that an extremely limited number of volunteers (no more than five) will prepare the food in our publicly licensed kitchen. (Meals prepared at home may not be served publicly, according to Ottawa County Health Department Guidelines). During our regular serving times on Sunday afternoons and Wednesday evenings, a table will be setup outside the West Entrance and to-go containers with the hot meal for the day will be made available for pickup. Every effort will be made to avoid person-to-person contact so that the hungry may be fed while reducing risk for contagion
- Our Food Pantry will now shift to appointment only. Please call 616-842-6260 ext. 21, and leave a message. Your call will be returned and a pickup time will be scheduled between Monday through Thursday.
It is entirely possible that situations could shift for the better, enabling the lifting of restrictions, or things could worsen, requiring even more restrictions. Church leaders will continue to monitor this situation and respond to the advice and counsel given to us by the medical community and the wider church.
Welcome to St. John’s Episcopal Church! Our Sunday worship in English is at 8:30am and 10am and in Spanish at 12:45pm. Sunday school and adult faith formation is at 11:30am from September through May. In the summer months, the Spanish service is at 11:45am
As followers of Jesus, we believe all people—without exception—are God’s beloved and are called together by the Holy Spirit. Inspired through time-honored worship, the people of St. John’s Episcopal Church strive to boldly love every person and all creation. This is summarized by our motto: Following Jesus. Inspired through Worship. Boldly loving ALL. We encourage you to read our welcoming statement here to find out more about us.
If you are visiting our area, we welcome you to come and worship with us. If you are seeking a church to call home, we would be honored if you would spend some time with us to see if we might be that place for you.
If there is anything about our church that you are having trouble finding on the website, please contact us so we can help.
The Episcopal Church welcomes you!