Due to the current very high risk factor in our area, and according to our parish plan for faithful ministry in a pandemic, beginning on Palm Sunday, March 28, our building is open on a limited basis and you are welcome to sign up to attend worship—which will be limited to 25% capacity, with six feet of distancing between households and masks required anytime you are in the building.
You are most welcome to sign up to join us for worship on Sunday or to watch our services live on either Facebook Live or on YouTube. Please see the schedule and information below:
Second Sunday of Easter
- 8:30am in English, limited attendance (sign up to attend)
- 10:00am in English, limited attendance and streaming. (sign up to attend, watch online here, bulletin here)
- 12:45pm en español, asistencia limitada y transmisión en vivo en Facebook (regístrate para asistir, mire en línea aquí, boletín aquí)
You can also watch our 10am Easter Sunday liturgy below!
CURRENT WORSHIP DURING THE PANDEMIC
- 8:30am Holy Eucharist in English — Limited in-person attendance.
- 10:00am Holy Eucharist in English — Limited in-person attendance. Also streamed live on our YouTube channel (www.youtube.come/SJEGrandHaven).
- 12:45pm Santa Eucaristía en Español — Asistencia limitada en persona. También transmitido en vivo en Facebook – (http://facebook.com/EpiscopalLatinoGH/Live).
Beginning on Monday, April 12, we will have two offerings of Holy Eucharist, (simple, said, about 30 minutes long) on Monday evenings at 5:30pm and on Wednesdays at Noon. Both will also be streamed live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/StJohnsEpiscopalGH/Live).
THE BUILDING AND OTHER PARISH MINISTRIES
The Parish Office remains closed with clergy and staff available by appointment only. However, we are still trying to help those who we know will be most affected by this pandemic:
- Our Loving Spoonfuls Meal Ministry will continue but with a strict “curbside only” system. That means that an extremely limited number of volunteers (no more than five) will prepare the food in our publicly licensed kitchen. (Meals prepared at home may not be served publicly, according to Ottawa County Health Department Guidelines). During our regular serving times on Sunday afternoons and Wednesday evenings, a table will be setup outside the West Entrance and to-go containers with the hot meal for the day will be made available for pickup. Every effort will be made to avoid person-to-person contact so that the hungry may be fed while reducing risk for contagion
- Our Food Pantry will now shift to appointment only. Please call 616-842-6260 ext. 21, and leave a message. Your call will be returned and a pickup time will be scheduled between Monday through Thursday.
It is entirely possible that situations could shift for the better, enabling the lifting of restrictions, or things could worsen, requiring even more restrictions. Church leaders will continue to monitor this situation and respond to the advice and counsel given to us by the medical community and the wider church.
Welcome to St. John’s Episcopal Church! Our Sunday worship in English is at 8:30am and 10am and in Spanish at 12:45pm. Sunday school and adult faith formation is at 11:30am from September through May. In the summer months, the Spanish service is at 11:45am
As followers of Jesus, we believe all people—without exception—are God’s beloved and are called together by the Holy Spirit. Inspired through time-honored worship, the people of St. John’s Episcopal Church strive to boldly love every person and all creation. This is summarized by our motto: Following Jesus. Inspired through Worship. Boldly loving ALL. We encourage you to read our welcoming statement here to find out more about us.
If you are visiting our area, we welcome you to come and worship with us. If you are seeking a church to call home, we would be honored if you would spend some time with us to see if we might be that place for you.
If there is anything about our church that you are having trouble finding on the website, please contact us so we can help.
The Episcopal Church welcomes you!