Are you here to find out more about our PRIDE Eucharist worship service on Sunday, June 27, at 10am? Click here to pre-order PRIDE Swag and click here to find out more at the Facebook Event!
Current COVID Status
Due to the current risk factor in our area, and according to our parish plan for faithful ministry in a pandemic, beginning on Pentecost Sunday, May 23, our building is open on a limited basis and you are welcome to sign up to attend worship—which will be limited to 25% capacity, with six feet of distancing between households and masks required anytime you are in the building.
You are most welcome to sign up to join us for worship on Sunday or to watch our services live on either Facebook Live or on YouTube. Please see the schedule and information below:
June 20, 2021 – Fourth Sunday after Pentecost, Proper 7
- 8:30am in English, limited attendance (sign up to attend)
- 10:00am in English, limited attendance and streaming. (sign up to attend, watch online here, bulletin here)
- 12:45pm en español, asistencia y transmisión limitadas. (regístrese para asistir, mire en línea aquí, boletín aquí)
You can also watch our 10am Sunday liturgy below!
CURRENT WORSHIP DURING THE PANDEMIC
- 8:30am Holy Eucharist in English — Limited in-person attendance.
- 10:00am Holy Eucharist in English — Limited in-person attendance. Also streamed live on our YouTube channel (www.youtube.come/SJEGrandHaven).
- 12:45pm Santa Eucaristía en Español — Asistencia limitada en persona. También transmitido en vivo en Facebook – (http://facebook.com/EpiscopalLatinoGH/Live).
We also have one weekly offering of Holy Eucharist & Healing, (simple, said, about 30 minutes long) on Wednesdays at Noon. Both will also be streamed live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/StJohnsEpiscopalGH/Live).
THE BUILDING AND OTHER PARISH MINISTRIES
The Parish Office and church building are now open. Please contact the Parish Office to schedule the use of a room for your group or ministry. Mask are not required outdoors and outdoor meetings are recommended. To keep the most vulnerable among us safe (particularly children who cannot yet be vaccinated), masks are required when inside the building. The Food Pantry is now available during our normal office hours, Monday through Thursday, from 10am-2pm.
- Our Loving Spoonfuls Meal Ministry will continue but with a strict “curbside only” system. That means that an extremely limited number of volunteers (no more than five) will prepare the food in our publicly licensed kitchen. (Meals prepared at home may not be served publicly, according to Ottawa County Health Department Guidelines). During our regular serving times on Sunday afternoons and Wednesday evenings, a table will be setup outside the West Entrance and to-go containers with the hot meal for the day will be made available for pickup. Every effort will be made to avoid person-to-person contact so that the hungry may be fed while reducing risk for contagion
It is entirely possible that situations could shift for the better, enabling the lifting of restrictions, or things could worsen, requiring even more restrictions. Church leaders will continue to monitor this situation and respond to the advice and counsel given to us by the medical community and the wider church.
Welcome to St. John’s Episcopal Church! Our Sunday worship in English is at 8:30am and 10am and in Spanish at 12:45pm. Sunday school and adult faith formation is at 11:30am from September through May. In the summer months, the Spanish service is at 11:45am
As followers of Jesus, we believe all people—without exception—are God’s beloved and are called together by the Holy Spirit. Inspired through time-honored worship, the people of St. John’s Episcopal Church strive to boldly love every person and all creation. This is summarized by our motto: Following Jesus. Inspired through Worship. Boldly loving ALL. We encourage you to read our welcoming statement here to find out more about us.
If you are visiting our area, we welcome you to come and worship with us. If you are seeking a church to call home, we would be honored if you would spend some time with us to see if we might be that place for you.
If there is anything about our church that you are having trouble finding on the website, please contact us so we can help.
The Episcopal Church welcomes you!